[Libs-Or] OVERDUE Podcast S2, EP1: Alternative Facts & Libraries w/ Lorraine Bannai, Jon Osaki, Jenny Silbiger

OLA EDI Antiracism Committee edicommittee at olaweb.org
Fri Mar 31 17:13:25 PDT 2023

*OVERDUE: Weeding Out Oppression in Libraries *
S2; Episode1: Alternative Facts & Libraries w/ Lorraine Bannai, Jon Osaki,
Jenny Silbiger
On this episode of Overdue, we speak with filmmaker and owner of JJML
Productions, Jon Osaki; State Law Librarian and Access to Justice
Coordinator for the Hawaiʻi State Judiciary, Jenny Silbiger; and Professor
Emerita and Director Emerita of the Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law
and Equality
at Seattle University School of Law, Lorraine Bannai, about Osaki’s
documentary Alternative Facts: The Lies of Executive Order 9066, and how
research and libraries played important roles in exposing the truths and in
bringing people together in solidarity and community.
*Date of interview:* March 16, 2023
*Hosts:* LaRee Dominguez and Brittany Young
*Resources mentioned:* Please see the description details on this
Buzzsprout episode for a list of resources related to this interview.

*Listen here:* https://www.buzzsprout.com/1948067/12513792
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buzzsprout.com%2F1948067%2F12513792%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0NgHarTwcZAKAgQdgKrSxt4t-v-wlzkYO-dOqg9XQY5w5PY1OSj4_5pEA&h=AT0W5_XCosNefO1D1FhwWLjQ9H0UbXi6GZ707bqhv1bC1_fv31Lc8q_udFn08LUyaKZdNhQH5aoNTJmLHVQMYtEAaXA6KRQEqxOkAHgKgfys8Gm1zDEZLNnf4pAYGcJI&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT0s_zwScIatwSKSQKOs8TufAnB7ljGuaRPfW2tRX8pIAaaKVgEpzl2Fhocqf_l-UaB67-Jh_rhAxNx3ogLjH4APT8cmyikXGgSxDvSTvEnVoBWfABHK3r_CPfmW3xjhuMJfgWla48QTAdmijU8gvwf_KkluJ-nEkF9YWxjj_m7cX52GXe8UNdmwsVgfVFT_1XUk8gOKwNqW>

Happy Listening!
*OLA EDI Antiracism Committee*

*Mission Statement: *We recognize libraries serve a vast range of
individuals with unique experiences and characteristics. We encourage an
inclusive environment that promotes freedom of speech in conjunction with
strong policies that protect patrons and library staff of all gender,
national origin, ethnicity, religion, race, sexual orientation, disability,
income level, age and all other personal, social, cultural and economic
perspectives.