[Libs-Or] Question about incident reports - Do you keep photos?

Dawn Borgardt dborgardt at beavertonoregon.gov
Wed May 10 10:03:12 PDT 2023

Hello all!

I’m sending this message on behalf of a colleague. If you have any info to share, please respond to Gabe gbuckner at beavertonoregon.gov<mailto:gbuckner at beavertonoregon.gov>.

Thanks!
Dawn

Hello, my name is Gabe Buckner, and I am the building monitor at the Beaverton City Library. I am part of a team called the “Incident Response Committee” and we are looking to make some changes/updates to our practices, but to do so we need to talk to other libraries to get a baseline of what is seen as common practice, and I was hoping to get that information. I have a handful of questions and am appreciative if you can answer any or all of them.

My questions are mostly regarding photos of patron’s being used/saved:

  *   Do you store pictures of patron’s who have been excluded/are on the radar for policy and rule violations?
  *   If so, what kind of file are they saved as (.png,.jpeg, etc.?)
  *   Is there a deletion timeframe/set record retention? If so, what is it?
  *   Where in the computers/servers do these get stored?
  *   How do people (staff) access them?
  *   How are they named?
  *   Who has access to them?
  *   How are they attached to the incident report?

Thank you so much for your time in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,
Gabe Buckner
Building Monitor
Work Days Sunday-Wednesday
[cid:image001.png at 01D98289.8C104FF0]<https://www.beavertonlibrary.org/>
12375 SW 5th St | Beaverton, OR 97005
971-910-7291 (c)
Events<https://www.beavertonlibrary.org/calendar.aspx?CID=31,30,25,32,22,29,26,36,28,33> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/BeavertonCityLibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/BeavertonLib> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/BeavertonLib/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/c/BeavertonCityLibrary> | @BeavertonLib