[Libs-Or] It's not too late to submit a proposal to OLAQ!

Melissa Anderson andersm18 at sou.edu
Thu May 11 13:32:55 PDT 2023

It’s not too late—there’s still time to submit an article proposal for the
next issue of OLAQ!

The Oregon Library Association Quarterly (OLAQ) is seeking submissions for
the Summer 2023 issue. Article proposals are due by May 15, 2023.

The OLAQ’s editorial mission is to showcase the innovative work of Oregon
library workers, students, partner organizations, and volunteers. Editorial
guidelines
<http://ola.memberclicks.net/message2/link/3f1daf70-abad-4e2a-a96b-9619e6d6ddcd/1>
have recently been updated to reflect OLA’s values and equity, diversity,
inclusion, and antiracism efforts. To learn more, see the OLAQ website.

The theme for the summer issue is Marketing and Outreach: Connecting to Our
Communities.

As we continue to shape what our library services look like post-pandemic,
we are also finding a need to connect or reconnect with the communities we
serve. How are you reaching out to your communities, particularly those
that are historically underserved? Have you developed new modalities to
connect with patrons? Have you formed new partnerships or strengthened
existing partnerships that allow you to reach different communities? New
platforms or ways of using tried and tested platforms to get the word out?
How do you promote and celebrate what you are doing in ways that show all
the members of your community what you can offer them? We want to hear from
you about the work you are doing to reach out to everyone and market your
library in inclusive ways.

Guest editor for this issue will be Laura Kimberly, Director, Newport
Public Library

Potential authors are invited to submit proposals to Laura at
l.kimberly at newportlibrary.org by May 15, 2023.

Proposals should include the author’s name and contact information,
proposed topic, and a brief description (300-500 words).

Article length averages 1,000 to 2,500 words, and images and creative work
are welcome.

Please also include answers to the following questions:

   -

   How does the proposed topic relate to the theme?
   -

   What is your connection to the policies or services described in your
   proposal?
   -

   Do you address issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism
   in your article?

Please note that we welcome proposals by those new to professional writing
or who face other barriers and will be offering a team of editors to
support authors in the writing process. If you would like to discuss your
idea, please reach out!

--
Dr. Melissa Anderson, PhD, MLIS | pronouns: she, her, hers
<https://inside.sou.edu/qrc/pronouns.html>
andersm18 at sou.edu