[Libs-Or] OLA Election Results

OLA Past President olapastpresident at olaweb.org
Thu May 25 08:26:31 PDT 2023

*OLA Election Results *

It is my pleasure to announce the results of the Oregon Library Association
2023 elections.  We had an outstanding pool of candidates, and I would like
to thank each of them for their service to OLA by running for office.

OLA's incoming Vice President/President-elect is *Ericka Brunson-Rochette*
from Deschutes Public Library.  This is a three year term and Ericka’s
presidential year will be 2024-2025.

OLA's incoming Treasurer is *Stuart Levy* from Parkrose High School in
Portland   This is a two year term.

OLA's incoming Secretary is *Roxanne Renteria* from Deschutes Public
Library. This is a one year term.

Please join me in congratulating OLA's incoming board members, who begin
their terms on September 1.

In addition, the following amendments to the OLA Bylaws
<https://www.olaweb.org/bylaws-policies> were approved by membership. Specific
language of each of these bylaws changes
<https://ola.memberclicks.net/assets/Elections/Elections_2023/OLA%20bylaws%20amendments%20%5B2023-04%5D%2C%20Markup%20copy.pdf>
can be found on the OLA website.

   - Allow for one candidate for Executive Board positions in extenuating
   circumstances;
   - Allow Divisions to appoint someone other than their Chair as
   representative to the Executive Board;
   - Add a voting representative from the Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and
   Antiracism Committee to the Executive Board;
   - Allow people who are not OLA members to serve on committees if those
   individuals bring a perspective that would aid in the committee’s work;
   - Create the OLA Quarterly Editorial Board;
   - Apply various technical and language fixes to the bylaws.

There are many ways to get involved in OLA. Please reach out if you are
interested in becoming more active!

Arlene Weible
Oregon Library Association
Immediate Past President, 2022-2023