[Libs-Or] OVERDUE Podcast S2, Episode 3 has launched

OLA EDI Antiracism Committee edicommittee at olaweb.org
Wed May 31 20:10:38 PDT 2023

The OLA EDI & Antiracism committee launched the third episode of the second
season of their podcast this morning. We hope you can take a moment to
listen, subscribe and share.

*OVERDUE: Weeding Out Oppression in Libraries *

*Season 2; Episode 3: BIPOC Leadership in Libraries
<https://www.buzzsprout.com/1948067/12941819>*

In this episode, we talk with Chantel Walker, Director of the Marin County
Library Foundation and change management consultant with the County of
Marin and other government organizations, and Patricia “Patty” Wong, City
Librarian for the Santa Clara City Library and immediate past president of
the American Library Association.

These two dynamic change-makers share challenges and successes from their
own lived experiences in leadership, highlight the importance of
community-centered service and provide suggestions on navigating leadership
and opportunities as professionals of color in predominantly white spaces.

*Date of interview: *May 19, 2023

*Hosts: *Ericka Brunson-Rochette and Krista Neth

Full link: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1948067/12941819

Happy Listening!
*OLA EDI Antiracism Committee*

*Mission Statement: *We recognize libraries serve a vast range of
individuals with unique experiences and characteristics. We encourage an
inclusive environment that promotes freedom of speech in conjunction with
strong policies that protect patrons and library staff of all gender,
national origin, ethnicity, religion, race, sexual orientation, disability,
income level, age and all other personal, social, cultural and economic
perspectives.