[Libs-Or] Registration Open: Amigos Online Conference: Reimagining Libraries: Exploring the AI & VR Revolution in Library Services

Jodie Borgerding borgerding at amigos.org
Wed Nov 8 13:51:27 PST 2023

Join Amigos Library Services on November 30 for our latest online conference, "Reimagining Libraries: Exploring the AI & VR Revolution in Library Services."

This conference will highlight the innovative work happening in libraries in artificial intelligence (AI) and virtual reality (VR). These technologies have emerged as powerful tools that enhance and expand the role of libraries, empowering them to provide innovative services and experiences to their patrons. Sessions will delve into the myriad ways AI, VR, and other emerging realities intersect with library services and learn how libraries leverage these developments to redefine their work.

Nick Tanzi, Assistant Director at South Huntington Public Library (NY), will kick off the conference with the opening keynote session: “Uncertain Seas: Navigating Our Libraries Through the Age of AI.” AI is an incredibly disruptive technology with the potential to reshape our information landscape. Understandably, AI provokes feelings of fear, anticipation, and bewilderment! How has this technology begun to impact our libraries, and what does the future hold? Look at the promise and perils of AI as we chart a course for the future.

Registration for this event is open: https://www.amigos.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=1968. Registration closes Monday, November 27 at 8:00 am CDT.

Amigos Member – Individual: $0.00
Non-member – Individual: $249.00
Library School Student (in a degree-seeking program): $0.00

To view the conference schedule and session descriptions visit https://amigos.org/reimagining.

For more information about this conference, contact Jodie Borgerding, at borgerding at amigos.org<mailto:borgerding at amigos.org> or (972) 340-2897.

Jodie Borgerding (she/her/hers)
Continuing Education Services Manager