[Libs-Or] Short Film at the Newberg Public Library

Ruth Headley Ruth.Headley at newbergoregon.gov
Fri Nov 10 12:05:34 PST 2023

Calling all Cthulhu-loving librarians!

The staff of the Newberg Public Library, including its former director Will Worthey, are collaborating to create a Lovecraftian themed short film set in a public library. After production it will be submitted to Portland's annual H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival.

The summary of the film is as follows: "Howard thinks that something fishy is going on at his library. Little does he suspect that there are actual fish people involved." We think that fans of creature features, cosmic horror, and mystery will find this an eldritch delight. We are filming this production in early 2024, and submitting it to the festival in early spring. Right now, we are preparing our props and set design to create a truly otherworldly environment that lives up to Cthulhu mythos. This is a non-profit project, with funds going to materials and paying cast and crew so their artistic work is properly acknowledged.

Like Gondor calling for aid, we are reaching out to you for your support! If you are interested in this story, or know someone else who is, please visit our project campaign<https://seedandspark.com/fund/the-patron-2024/#story> and spread the word! We humbly thank you for giving the film a moment of your time.

Sincerely,
Ruth Headley
Teen & Information Services Librarian
City of Newberg