[Libs-Or] Retirement plans at Oregon libraries

akuestner at luld.org akuestner at luld.org
Fri Oct 20 16:11:32 PDT 2023

Hello,

Lower Umpqua Library District does not yet have a retirement plan.  We
are in the process of exploring options and thought it would be useful
to see what other Oregon libraries are doing.  Would you please answer
the following questions to help us figure out which retirement plans are
available and which one might be the best fit for our library?

1.) What retirement plan/system does your library system use?

2.) What are some of the pros and cons of using that system from
individual and institutional standpoints?  Are you satisfied with it?

3.) How much does the retirement system cost your institution?

4.) What is the size of your library system in terms of number of
employees, number of libraries, population served, etc.?

Thank you,

Alex Kuestner
Library Director/District Manager
Lower Umpqua Library