[Libs-Or] Job Opening: Circulation Coordinator at Oregon City Public Library

Greg Williams gwilliams at orcity.org
Fri Sep 1 10:11:16 PDT 2023

Good morning, Oregon Library colleagues!

The Oregon City Public Library is looking for a service-oriented, experienced, and enthusiastic person to serve as our Circulation Coordinator.
Our Library serves more than 60,000 people who live and work within the City of Oregon City and in surrounding unincorporated Clackamas County. We are a member of the LINCC (Libraries in Clackamas County) cooperative, whose member libraries serve over 420,000 people throughout Clackamas County.

The ideal candidate will have a passion for public or customer service, experience working in a busy library circulation environment, and experience coordinating and leading the daily activities of a team or workgroup.

You will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of Circulation activities throughout the Library and at Circulation service desks/points (including the Check-In Room and Check-Out Desk). Services provided by the Circulation division include but are not limited to check in/out of materials, shelving and pulling holds, performing patron account management assistance, answering phone calls, emptying book drop, snags processing, and issuing new Library cards. You will also investigate and resolve more complicated or complex patron concerns, account issues, and system problems.
You'll work with a fun-loving, innovative, and passionate team of Library superstars. Your schedule will include evening and weekend work.  $26.95/hr. to $37.16/hr. plus excellent fringe benefits.  All application materials are due no later than 11:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 20th.  Please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oregoncity for more info about the position and to apply.

Please feel free to forward this information to your colleagues!

-GW

[cid:image001.png at 01D9DCBC.A409FA60]
Greg Williams, MLIS
Library Director
gwilliams at orcity.org
Pronouns: he/him/his

Oregon City Public Library
606 John Adams St.
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
503-657-8269 ext. 1010
Website: www.orcity.org/library<http://www.orcity.org/library>
Follow us on: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/oregoncitylibrary>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORCityLibrary>, Pinterest<https://www.pinterest.com/OregonCityPL/>, and Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/oregoncitylibrary/>!
Subscribe to our email newsletter<http://www.orcity.org/library/oregon-city-library-newsletter>!

My office hours are 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday

The City of Oregon City continues to offer services and programs in-person and online - find facility hours of operation here<https://www.orcity.org/community/city-extends-hours-open-public>.

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE: This e-mail is subject to the
State Retention Schedule and may be made available to the public