[Libs-Or] WCCLS is hiring an Operations Manager

Lisa Tattersall LisaT at wccls.org
Tue Sep 5 10:00:52 PDT 2023

Hello all!

WCCLS is recruiting for our permanent Operations Manager position. The Operations Manager leads and supports the supervisors of the Business Operations, Library Systems & Collections, Materials Movement, and Patron Services teams, with a total of 20 FTE (22 positions) under the Operations Division. The Operations Division provides mission-critical infrastructure for the entire cooperative and works to achieve WCCLS’ strategic plan imperatives, especially Increase access and Enhance service consistency and efficiency. This role is part of the executive leadership team for WCCLS, along with the Community Relations Manager and the IT Systems Administration Supervisor, all reporting to the WCCLS Manager. The Executive Leadership team supports the WCCLS Manager in collaborating with library directors, as well as the city and non-profit leadership of our partner agencies to improve library services with an emphasis on reducing barriers to access. The team is responsible for creating a healthy work environment for WCCLS staff and aligning the department's projects with our strategic plan, County and Board goals, and needs of stakeholders and the community.

Core functions that the Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing include:

  *   Business Operations: department budget, accounts payable and receivable, procurement and contracts, and HR processes
  *   Library Systems & Collections: integrated library system (Polaris) and discovery layer (Bibliocommons) settings, cataloging, and digital collection management
  *   Materials Movement: library material sorting and delivery for the entire cooperative
  *   Patron Services: books by mail for patrons who cannot visit the library and interlibrary loan for the cooperative.

The Operations Manager will collaborate closely with the Community Relations Manager to oversee cooperative-wide policies and procedures and work closely with the WCCLS Manager and Community Relations Manager in supporting the Policy Group. Additionally, they will work closely with the IT System Administration Supervisor to align shared projects and processes and prioritize staff resource allocation. The position is mostly on-site at our Griffin Oaks location, with some remote flexibility.

Learn more about the position, including our ideal candidate profile, and apply online here<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cowashingtonor/jobs/4184430/operations-manager>. We are accepting applications until September 17, 2023. We plan to hold screening interviews on October 17 and/or October 18, and second round in-person interviews on October 27.

Thank you for considering this opportunity and sharing it with your networks!

Lisa

Lisa Tattersall (she/her)
Manager, Washington County Cooperative Library Services
lisat at wccls.org<mailto:lisat at wccls.org>
Mobile: 503-388-0077