[Libs-Or] Free Webinar: Transforming Libraries through Trauma-Informed Services

HANNING Darci C * SLO darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Sep 6 14:38:21 PDT 2023

Greetings!

Passing along information about this upcoming free webinar, Transforming Libraries through Trauma-Informed Services. This and other free webinars from Niche Academy are included in the State Library's Continuing Education (CE) Calendar<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted#s-lib-ctab-24120710-1> available on the CE web page<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted>.

In this free webinar, Beatriz De La Espriella shares how trauma-informed services can transform the way we provide library services.
Not rendering correctly? View this email as a web page here<https://www.nicheacademy.com/transforming-libraries-through-trauma-informed-services>.
[NC_Wide_Original-1]<https://www.nicheacademy.com/e3t/Ctc/F9+113/c39Mx04/VWH5J_9dGgzkW62ZXs357_SJKVwDG2D535SDzN1PJbts3qgyTW6N1vHY6lZ3kGW32n6KS70-qr2W2mMd2G6fpGntW6tRCJQ2Plgr9W65sZG18_QLJTW8ZTkTS6F33JdW1r386h1zBd5gW6c60bD6kdPfxW7-zyk_3j-z4fW6StQV07d4WmWW1TsJLX7jQyWJW8bSxtb1wbLyCW3SZnyH1H6dlkW1Nr6-z9blyvmW99Ppkj7Cm0XyN99p9mkf2pJ0W9cm96j4Q97nDW6FzK851PcnkVW8BPmK_8jJ0nvW56d9-V4tB54VN6NWhcCB6TyFW4s_Nbw5M71S-W46_SHr71_Cf3f1hmSnx04>
[Espirella email banner]<https://www.nicheacademy.com/transforming-libraries-through-trauma-informed-services>
You are invited to join the free webinar:
Transforming Libraries through Trauma-Informed Services
Wed Sept 20 at 11:00 am US Pacific

Ever encounter a patron whose behavior or comments leave you wondering, what is wrong with them? Trauma is often a silent unknown event that many people experience. It can affect how people behave and interact with others.

In this webinar, Beatriz De La Espriella will cover how trauma can change the brain, the impact it has on individuals, and how trauma-informed services can transform the way we provide services to our patrons and connect with our community. You will leave this presentation with the tools you need to serve patrons with empathy, avoid re-traumatization, and strategies that are vital for self-care when providing trauma-informed services.

By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:

  *   Define trauma and the impact trauma and adverse childhood experiences have on the brain and the individual.
  *   Identify ways to provide trauma-informed services that avoid re-traumatization.
  *   Recognize how to effectively communicate with individuals who may have experienced a traumatic event.
  *   Identify strategies to support library staff's self-care.

If you're interested but not able to attend the live webinar, go ahead and register. We'll send a recording to all registrants after the fact.

[Register Now]<https://www.nicheacademy.com/transforming-libraries-through-trauma-informed-services>
Regards,

Julie Edwards | Niche Academy
Librarian & Instructional Designer
139 N Hunters Grove Ln #308
Lehi UT, 84043
Webinar at nicheacademy.com<mailto:Webinar at nicheacademy.com>

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

State Library of Oregon | Library Support and Development Services
971-375-3491 | darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow @StateLibraryOR: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[cid:image001.png at 01D9E0C5.0323D780]