[Libs-Or] Banned Book Week talk on 10/05

Jennifer Keyser jenniferk at multco.us
Fri Sep 15 13:00:47 PDT 2023

Hello Oregon Library Community,

To create awareness during Banned Book Week, Multnomah County Library's
Intellectual Freedom Committee is sponsoring a talk focused on the current
wave of book banning hitting public libraries and ways to fight censorship.
The talk is virtual and open to all; we do ask attendees to register.

If you know of people who might be interested, would you please share? I am
attaching a flyer as well as the description below. Please let me know if
you have any questions, and many thanks if you can help get the word out.

Why Your Voice Matters, Even as Censorship Increases
> <https://multcolib.org/events/why-your-voice-matters-even-and-especially-censorship-increases/128670>

A webinar on Thursday, October 5, 6-7:30pm.

Follow the link above to register.

As censorship efforts continue across the country, what should we, the
people, know? How can we ensure that our public libraries remain places of
intellectual freedom? Kelly Jensen from Book Riot and John Chrastka from
EveryLibrary will talk about public libraries, the current landscape of
book bans, and the movement to push back. Hear stories of libraries
defending the First Amendment and learn how you can support libraries.

We hope you are able to attend.

Thanks,

*Jennifer Keyser *(she/her)
*Policy Coordinator Librarian*
Monday - Friday
971-429-4699
Multnomah County Library
multcolib.org
[This email was encrypted for your privacy and security]