[Libs-Or] Teaching online privacy/security

Adrienne Doman Calkins DomanCalkinsA at SherwoodOregon.gov
Wed Sep 20 09:12:15 PDT 2023

Hello Kayla-We've had success using the DigitalLearn.org curriculum for Cybersecurity.

https://training.digitallearn.org/courses/cybersecurity-basics

More about the free DigitalLearn courses here: https://www.digitallearn.org/

Adrienne Doman Calkins (she/her/hers)
Library Manager, Sherwood Public Library
22560 SW Pine Street, Sherwood, OR 97140
503-625-4272  |  domancalkinsa at sherwoodoregon.gov<mailto:domancalkinsa at sherwoodoregon.gov>
www.sherwoodoregon.gov/library<http://www.sherwoodoregon.gov/library>  |  Monthly e-newsletter<https://www.libraryaware.com/1690/Subscribers/Subscribe?showonlynewsletterlists=true>
A member library of Washington County Cooperative Library Services

From: Libs-Or <libs-or-bounces at omls.oregon.gov> On Behalf Of Kayla Rau via Libs-Or
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2023 8:57 AM
To: libs-or at omls.oregon.gov
Subject: [Libs-Or] Teaching online privacy/security

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you are expecting this email and/or know the content is safe.

Has anyone taught a digital-literacy class on online privacy/security? I'm building one and would love to see what other libraries have done! I think my target audience will be either seniors or parents of children/teens. Thank you!

[cid:image001.png at 01D9EBA2.8BE091C0]
Kayla Rau (she/her)
Adult Services Coordinator
Phone: 541-476-0571 x109
Email: krau at josephinelibrary.org<mailto:krau at josephinelibrary.org>
"I would define, in brief, the poetry of words as the rhythmical creation of beauty."
- Edgar Allan Poe

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.

This email may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended for use solely by the above referenced recipient. Any review, copying, printing, disclosure, distribution, or other use by any other person or entity is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not the named recipient, or believe you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the City of Sherwood at (503) 625-5522 and delete the copy you received.