[Libs-Or] Teaching online privacy/security

dcohen at hevanet.com dcohen at hevanet.com
Wed Sep 20 14:32:00 PDT 2023

As a senior I am immediately taken by the posts referencing issues with
them/us. So.of course, I had to look into it.

It appears to be much more nuanced and the issues of being scammed cut
across ages, with different types of scams associated with different age
groups:

"Who experiences scams? A story for all ages"

This is from the FTC.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/data-visualizations/data-spotlight/2022/12/w
ho-experiences-scams-story-all-ages

Donna

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd

Portland, Oregon

503-737-1425

 <mailto:dcoheninfo at comcast.net> dcoheninfo at comcast.net

Civics for Adults - and Others - Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and
Inspire Political Engagement

Webpage  <http://www.civicthinker.info/> www.civicthinker.info

Facebook  <https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/>
https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/

"My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not
right, not just - stand up, say something, speak up!" Rep. John Lewis
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY