[Libs-Or] Recycling of withdrawn books

DAVID Emily edavid at springfield-or.gov
Wed Apr 3 14:53:17 PDT 2024

Hello all -

All of our withdrawn items go to the Friends of the Library and they choose to put them in the Bring 'em Back collection or the Friends Bookstore or to discard them.

For discarded items, we have a relationship with St. Vincent de Paul where they leave three bins in the Friends of the Library sorting area and pick them up every few weeks, or whenever they are full. Anything that is not chosen for the Friends bookstore or Bring 'em Back collection is placed in the bins (withdrawn items as well as donations that are not sale-worthy) and StdP sells them at their stores.

Best,

Emily David  (she/her)
Library and Museum Director
Springfield Public Library
225 5th Street
Springfield, OR 97477
541-726-2235
wheremindsgrow.org<http://wheremindsgrow.org/>
Springfield-Museum.com<http://www.springfield-museum.com/>

[cid:image002.png at 01DA85D6.A82BA8A0]

[SPL_facebook-icon_WEB]<https://www.facebook.com/springfieldpubliclibrary/?ref=sgm>  [SPL_twitter-icon_WEB] <https://twitter.com/wheremindsgrow>   [SPL_instagram-icon_WEB] <https://www.instagram.com/spl_wheremindsgrow/>
Please let me know if you need information provided in another format.
For more information: http://www.springfield-or.gov/accessibility.html