[Libs-Or] AkLA + PNLA 2024 Joint Conference - Whale Watching

Duncan Lotoski duncanlotoski at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 09:33:13 PDT 2024

*Posting on behalf of **2024 AkLA + PNLA Joint Conference Program Committee*

**Apologies for Cross-Posting**

The AkLA + PNLA 2024 Conference is thrilled to offer a one-of-a-kind* whale
watching experience* to attendees! Allen Marine Tours
<https://allenmarinetours.com/juneau/#gsc.tab=0> will be hosting a 2-hour
whale watching tour on Saturday, August 3rd! Leaving at 7:00 PM from Auke
Bay, delve into Alaska's renowned whale and wildlife habitats.

The cost is $125 per person and includes the cruise, boxed meal, and
transportation to the harbor. There is limited availability - so first
come, first served!

*Conference attendees may pay for up to one additional guest to attend with
you. *
*You will need to register for the conference first, and then re-enter the
registration system to sign up and pay for the cruise. *

*Registration for the AkLA + PNLA 2024 Conference is open! *
More information can be found on the conference website
<https://akla.org/2024/2024-conference/registration-types-and-rates/>.

The Alaska Library Association (AkLA) and the Pacific Northwest Library
Association (PNLA) are hosting a joint conference to be held August 1-3,
2024 in Juneau, AK.
The Alaska Library Association and the Pacific Northwest Library
Association have chosen "*Stronger Together: Amplifying Voices,
Strengthening Communities*" as our 2024 conference theme. Libraries are at
their strongest when they endeavor to provide collections, forums, and
programs that actively uplift the diverse voices, stories, and experiences
within our communities. The partnership between a library and its community
is crucial in ensuring that our services are actively enriching the lives
of every resident.

Use the hashtag *#AKLAPNLA2024* on social media. (AkLA Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/AlaskaLibraryAssociation> / PNLA Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pnla.org/>)

Thanks,
-Duncan