[Libs-Or] I submitted my letter! Did you submit yours yet?

Bryan Miyagishima bryan.miyagishima at lincolncolibrarydist.org
Fri Feb 9 11:16:37 PST 2024

With thanks to Emily, Steve, and Jeremy for their encouragement and talking
points, I submitted my own letter in support of SB 1583. By incorporating
some of the talking points that others have provided, it doesn't take very
long, and if you are able to include some personal testimony I always feel
that it provides a bit more impact to our legislators. Please feel free to
take a look at my own on the bill's website for an example if you wish.

I realize that in these politically divisive times, providing any sort of
public opinion can make one feel both personally and professionally
vulnerable. But, many of our colleagues across the state and their students
and patrons, are already being regularly impacted by book banning/challenge
attempts. To the extent that this bill can help them, I can think of no
better use of my time and political capital than to support our fellow
library professionals in this cause.

Bryan