[Libs-Or] FW: SB 1583 - update?

Emily O'Neal emilyo at dpls.lib.or.us
Thu Feb 15 13:44:21 PST 2024

Hi,
I think it went really well.  Here is a recording, if you'd like to watch it in full:
https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/mediaplayer/?clientID=4879615486&eventID=2024021085

Overall, there were more folks speaking in favor of the bill than against, so that's hopeful.  There were so many that wanted to testify,  they actually had to cut off comments online.  This will be helpful to  know, in that if the bill makes it to the House, in-person testimony was given preference.

So, all in, I think it went well.  Very stressful, but worth it.  Today is the work session (3pm) so hopefully will get an update after that.

Fingers crossed and hopeful thinking!
Emily

Emily O'Neal
Technical Services Manager