[Libs-Or] 2023 Oregon Public Library Statistics now available!

FUQUA Ross * SLO Ross.FUQUA at slo.oregon.gov
Thu Jan 11 16:33:40 PST 2024

Hello Oregon public library community!

Apologies for cross-posting this info, but I'd like everyone to know that as of this afternoon the statewide data from the 2023 Oregon Public Library Statistical Report is now available in two places:

  *   State Library of Oregon website<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries/Pages/Statistics.aspx> (the first Excel file linked on this page)
  *   Oregon Open Data Portal<https://data.oregon.gov/dataset/Oregon-Public-Library-Statistics/8zw7-zgjw/about_data> (compiled data from 2010 - 2023)

The Oregon Public Library Snapshot<https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/statelibraryoforegon/viz/OregonPublicLibrarySnapshot/2022Snapshot> dashboard has also been updated to include pertinent data from the 2023 report. Data element definitions and guidance is always available for your reference on our 2023 Stats Report Guide<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/c.php?g=1308207&p=9615236>. Our annual data submission process for the national Public Library Survey<https://imls.gov/research-evaluation/data-collection/public-libraries-survey>, coordinated by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, is also now underway! The most recent national dataset available is FY2021. FY2022 should be released in June 2024.

If you worked on collecting and/or report data for your library in any way, I want to thank you for all your efforts! If you will be responsible for reporting your library's data later this year, I will be sharing more information about changes and updates for the 2024 Statistical Report in the coming weeks.

Please let me know if you have any questions or data needs!

Ross Fuqua, MA, MLIS (he/him)
Data & Digital Projects Consultant
State Library of Oregon
ross.fuqua at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:ross.fuqua at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3551
northwestdigitalheritage.org
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
[cid:image001.png at 01DA44A7.1C1E0E90]<https://www.northwestdigitalheritage.org/>  [cid:image002.png at 01DA44A7.1C1E0E90] <http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>