[Libs-Or] Oregon Libraries Supporting Communities during the Pandemic

CORNELISEN Wendy * SLO wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Jan 24 17:43:12 PST 2024

During the midst of the pandemic in March 2021, the State Library of Oregon asked for your ideas on ways to build student success, strengthen the workforce, respond to community needs, increase access to services and foster digital equity and inclusion.

And you delivered!

With ARPA funds of $2.9 million, the Library Support team was able to fund 163 projects across the state. These ideas are summarized in this report<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries/Documents/LSTA/ARPAReport.pdf>, showcasing a myriad of ways you have impacted the lives of Oregonians by supporting your community. Thank you for stepping up, raising your hand and doing the extra work that was required during this time. A few of your projects are highlighted, including :

  *   Crook County Library added wayfinding signage in Spanish
  *   The Oregon Historical Society updated TimeWeb<https://oregontimeweb.org/>
  *   Rouge Community College Library added lockers for after-hours pickup
  *   The Wallowa Band Nez Perce Interpretive Center created the History in the Making: A Tamkaliks Film Project<https://www.wallowanezperce.org/tamkaliks-film>
  *   Curry Public Library added soundproof booth for patrons to attend virtual meetings and interviews

While this one-time funding is now complete, the impact of your work will continue for many years to come.

Please join me in thanking the dedicated, hard-working Library Support team at the State Library, who put in extra time and effort streamlining the application process, organizing the reviews, and working with you every step of the way. Thank you Buzzy, Arelene, Darci, Ferol, Greta, Jen, Jennifer Cox, (at the time) Max Robinson, Ross, and Tamara. As our federal programs and grants consultant, Tamara's keen attention to detail and wicked organizational skills were most helpful during the ARPA grant cycle!

I'll be taking this report with me to Voices for Libraries in Washington, DC, in March. I can't wait to show our Congressional Delegation all the ways you've made Oregon a better place!

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Cornelisen (she, her, hers)
State Librarian
State Library of Oregon
wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov>
Office: 503-378-4367| Mobile 971-375-3992
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
[Title: State Library of Oregon]