[Libs-Or] OVERDUE Season 2, Episode 11 has launched!

CORNELISEN Wendy * SLO Wendy.CORNELISEN at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Mar 4 09:23:22 PST 2024

The latest issue of OLA's EDI & Antiracism Committee's informative podcast, Overdue, is here! https://www.buzzsprout.com/1948067/14597609

Episode Details:

OVERDUE: Weeding Out Oppression in Libraries, Season 2, Episode 11
Building Relationships Through Libraries w/Ray Pun<https://www.buzzsprout.com/1948067/14597609>
 <https://www.buzzsprout.com/1948067/14597609>
In this episode, Dr. Raymond (Ray) Pun (academic and research librarian at the Alder Graduate School of Education) shares insights on effective library advocacy through collaboration and community building, advice for aspiring librarians of color, and the value of involvement in the American Library Association and committee work.

We hear about Ray's career transition from public to academic libraries, delve into the intersection of social justice and intellectual freedom (Ray introduces us to ALA's Book Resumes for banned books!), and touch on AI in education. Don't miss Ray's vision<https://www.raypun.info/ala.html> for ALA as a 2025-2026 presidential candidate.

The 2024 ALA Election Period<https://www.ala.org/aboutala/governance/alaelection> runs from March 11, 2024 through April 3, 2024:
https://www.ala.org/aboutala/governance/alaelection

Hosts: LaRee Dominguez & Brittany Young
Date of Interview: February 20, 2024

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Cornelisen (she, her, hers)
State Librarian
State Library of Oregon
wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov>
Office: 503-378-4367| Mobile 971-375-3992
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
[Title: State Library of Oregon]