[Libs-Or] New Oregon Public Library Trends data tool

FUQUA Ross * SLO Ross.FUQUA at slo.oregon.gov
Thu Mar 21 16:00:57 PDT 2024

Hello Oregon library people,

I'm super excited to share our latest data tool with you: the Oregon Public Library Trends tool<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/c.php?g=1383931&p=10274258>!

This new data visualization displays 13-year data tables and trend charts for each public library in our state, and utilizes a dataset I've compiled<https://data.oregon.gov/dataset/Oregon-Public-Library-Statistics/8zw7-zgjw/about_data> for the State of Oregon Open Data Program, from the Oregon Public Library Statistical Report<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/publiclibrarystats> data from FY2010 - FY2023 (most recent data available). Each of the 11 pages in the Trends tool displays key metrics in plain language from each section of the Statistical Report, and also references corresponding Stats Report questions.

The Public Library Trends tool is meant to offer a much deeper dive into library stats than our library-at-a-glance Oregon Public Library Snapshot<https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/statelibraryoforegon/viz/OregonPublicLibrarySnapshot/2022Snapshot> (which we still plan to maintain and update annually).

Please use in full screen mode for the best experience! And a sincere thanks to my colleagues at the State Library and beyond who have provided invaluable feedback during the building process. If any of you have questions or thoughts, please reach out.

Cheers!

Ross Fuqua, MA, MLIS (he/him)
Data & Digital Projects Consultant
State Library of Oregon
ross.fuqua at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:ross.fuqua at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3551
northwestdigitalheritage.org
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
[cid:image001.png at 01DA7BA3.F375F2D0]<https://www.northwestdigitalheritage.org/>  [cid:image002.png at 01DA7BA3.F375F2D0] <http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>