Do you have patrons wanting to know more about homeschooling?
The Oregon Home Education Network is the state's first and largest,
inclusive, nonprofit, volunteer-run organization, dedicated to the
support of all of Oregon’s homeschooling families. OHEN offers the
following homeschool support services:
* Homeschooling in Oregon:
A free presentation by a panel of 2-3 experienced homeschoolers.
This 1.5 hour presentation consists of a general overview of
homeschooling in Oregon and an extensive question & answer
period. A handout of homeschooling resources will be given to all
participants. We are currently scheduling Homeschooling in Oregon
sessions for winter and spring 2012.
* OHEN Homeschool Resource Guide for $10 (includes shipping)
1. General Information on Homeschooling (4 pages)
2. Legal Information on Homeschooling in Oregon (6 pages)
3. Homeschool Resources (includes websites, books and magazines) (5
4. Statewide Homeschool Groups (2 pages)
5. Local Homeschool Groups (10 pages)
6. Alternative Education (includes charter schools, correspondence
courses, and distance learning) (2-4 pages)
7. Special Needs Resources (includes support groups and information
on Privately Developed Plans (PDPs)) (5 pages)
8. Approved List of Homeschool Testers (20 pages)
The OHEN Homeschool Resource Guide comes in a 3-ring binder so that
it is easy to update. If you purchase a binder or binders, you can
subscribe for free updates.
* E-mail and phone helplines to answer all of the homeschooling
questions you or your patrons may have:
Phone: 503-321-5166 (voice mail)
* A website full of up-to-date homeschool resources and
We are in the process of adding libraries to our lists of local
homeschool resources: http://www.ohen.org/oregon/links.
If your library has special resources or ongoing programs for
homeschoolers, we would like to include that information as well.
* OHEN Homeschool Convention:
OHEN's 12th Homeschool Convention will be on Saturday, June 30 at
Valley Catholic High School in Beaverton. If you would like to post
flyers, please let me know and I will send them to you by mail or
e-mail them to you to print.
Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help you
better serve the homeschoolers in your community.
OHEN Information Coordinator