The online summer reading catalog is now available!
Things to remember:
· The summer reading catalog and manual are only available to Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) members. All public, volunteer, and tribal libraries in Oregon are CSLP members. School libraries may partner with their local public, volunteer, or tribal library to access CSLP summer reading materials.
· You can pick up your 2013 summer reading manual at the OLA’s Children’s Services Division (CSD) Fall Workshop on October 27th at Hood River County Library. If you don’t pick it up, then the CSD Summer Reading Chair, Jessica Marie, will mail it to your library by the end of December. Manuals will be addressed to your library’s Ready to Read Grant key contact or Director.
o Register to attend the CSD Fall Workshop: https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_118651
o If you don’t receive your 2013 summer reading manual by January 1, 2013, contact Jessica Marie at Jmarie@cityofsalem.net
· You must login to the CSLP website in order to access the summer reading catalog and shop online for summer reading materials and incentives.
o If you forgot your username and/or password, go here: http://www.cslpreads.org/component/comprofiler/lostpassword.html
o If you never registered for a username and password, go here: http://www.cslpreads.org/component/comprofiler/registers.html
· Order early! Upstart uses the number of early orders to estimate how many total products to produce. If you have been frustrated because items you want run out before summer even starts, that’s because not enough libraries ordered those items early. Want to be sure to get that hot item? Order early!
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
National Information Literacy Month Resources: http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/resources/InformationLiteracyMonth.aspx
All Oregon public, volunteer, and tribal libraries are members of the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP), and receive a free summer reading manual. To get the most out of your membership, create an account on the CSLP website (http://www.cslpreads.org/) and you will be able to access additional summer reading resources. CSLP membership dues and manual fees are paid for by the State Library with LSTA funds. Summer reading manuals are distributed by OLA’s Children’s Services Division, and both CSD and OYAN members represent you on CSLP committees and at the CSLP annual meeting.
For more information contact one of your CSLP representatives: