Sage Library System
Sage Library System, a consortium of 80 multi-type libraries in 15
counties of Oregon, seeks applicants for the position of Systems
Librarian.The successful candidate will assist in providing software
support in a Linux-based, multi-server environment. Sage currently uses
the open source software Evergreen for its integrated library system.
Support services will include assisting with troubleshooting errors
within the Evergreen software, performance tuning of the PostgreSQL
database, data backup, installation of new software releases, recovery
from system failures, and customization of the Evergreen software.
The skillset required to effectively carry out these duties includes:
- Familiarity with the database structure of an ILS, preferably PostgreSQL
analysis skills, including an understanding of virtual networked
servers, server load distribution, and trouble-shooting ability in a
- Knowledge of computer networks and
servers, software platforms and standards used by the Evergreen open
source integrated library system, including Linux, PostgreSQL, Perl,
- Time management skills, project management, and planning ability
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Technical writing ability, ability to clearly document software implementations
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
work location for this position is negotiable among a select number of
Sage member library locations. More details about the position and how
to apply can be found at https://sagelib.org/node/509 . Application deadline is March 13, 2017.