[MLRR_newsletter] Stakeholder Invitation: DOGAMI State Geologist and Executive Director Recruitment Input

JOHNSON Becky * DGMI Becky.JOHNSON at dogami.oregon.gov
Wed Dec 1 19:57:06 PST 2021

Dear Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries Stakeholder,

On behalf of the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, we would like to invite you to participate in the selection process for the next State Geologist and Executive Director. As a valuable stakeholder to this agency, we are interested in your thoughts about the candidates being considered for this important position.

We are hosting the Stakeholder Forum on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 from 10:50 am until 12:55 pm. This event is being held virtually via Zoom.  You can attend the Stakeholder Forum by clicking on the link below:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82213389030?pwd=Tkh4dlBDb2NEQ1B2a1cwcHhYUnY2dz09

Meeting ID: 822 1338 9030
Passcode: jRfr3e

The candidate's application materials will be provided during the event.   We invite you to submit questions in advance of the session that will be asked of each candidate.  We recommend you think about one or two attributes or characteristics that are important for an individual to have in this position and, if you choose, submit a question or two around those attributes. To have your question included, please submit them to sherry.lauer at oregon.gov<mailto:sherry.lauer at oregon.gov> no later than Monday, December 6, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.  (Please note  similar/duplicate questions may be combined and we may not have enough time to ask all questions that are submitted.)

At the end of the session, we will ask that you provide us any thoughts you have regarding the candidate's strengths and weaknesses by completing an electronic survey that will be provided to you.  We ask that you complete and submit the survey by 9:00 am on Wednesday, December 9, 2021.  The information will be compiled and provided to the board so they may have your input prior in making the final decision.

The schedule is as follows:

10:50 am - 11:00 am

Introduction and Process Discussion

11:00 am - 11:55 am

Candidate 1 - Michael Kortenhof

12:00 pm - 12:55 pm

Candidate 2 - Ruarri Day-Stirrat

If you have any questions of if you would like to submit questions for the candidates in advance, please forward them Sherry Lauer (sherry.lauer at oregon.gov<mailto:sherry.lauer at oregon.gov>).

Take Care,

**Note my new email address: Becky.Johnson at dogami.oregon.gov<mailto:Becky.Johnson at dogami.oregon.gov>

Becky Johnson | She/her/hers
Office Operations Assistant
Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries - MLRR
229 Broadalbin St SW, Albany, Oregon 97321
Direct: (541) 967-2083 | Becky.johnson at dogami.oregon.gov

Due to an increase in permit applications and inquiries submitted to the MLRR office, processing and response times have increased. Permit applications are processed in the order they are received and moved forward as applicants respond to deficiencies. Thank you for your patience.

COVID-19 Response:  To help address COVID-19 concerns, many DOGAMI staff are teleworking. MLRR is continuing normal operations. For best service, please contact us by email.

Unless otherwise indicated, all information in this correspondence is classified as Level 1, "Published" according to State of Oregon statute and administrative policy.