[NWDigitalProjects] FW: CLIR Invites Applications for 2016 Digitizing Hidden Special Collections Awards
arlene.weible at state.or.us
Thu Jan 21 08:57:30 PST 2016
A new grant opportunity …
From: Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) [mailto:ksmith at clir.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:32 AM
To: Arlene Weible <ArleneWeible at oslmail.osl.state.or.us>
Subject: CLIR Invites Applications for 2016 Digitizing Hidden Special Collections Awards
[Council on Library and Information Resources]<https://t.e2ma.net/click/q4nnj/2p8ufs/ujisgc>
Contact: Kathlin Smith<mailto:ksmith at clir.org?subject=Digitizing%20Hidden%20Special%20Collections>
CLIR Invites Applications for 2016 Digitizing Hidden Special Collections Awards
Washington, DC, January 20, 2016—The Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) is now accepting applications for 2016 Digitizing Hidden Special Collections and Archives<https://t.e2ma.net/click/q4nnj/2p8ufs/acjsgc> awards. The national competition, funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, supports digitizing collections of rare and unique content in cultural memory institutions.
Grants of between $50,000 and $250,000 for a single-institution project, or between $50,000 and $500,000 for a collaborative project, may be sought for projects beginning between January 1 and June 1, 2017.
The Digitizing Hidden Collections program coheres around six core values:
· Scholarship: The program is designed to maximize its impact on the creation and dissemination of new knowledge.
· Comprehensiveness: The program supports digitization projects that will provide thorough coverage of an important topic or topics of high interest to scholars, in ways that help those scholars understand digitized sources’ provenance and context.
· Connectedness: The program supports projects that make digitized sources easily discoverable and accessible alongside related materials, including materials held by other collecting institutions as well as those held within the home institution.
· Collaboration: The program promotes strategic partnerships rather than duplication of capacity and effort.
· Sustainability: The program promotes best practices for ensuring the long-term availability and discoverability of digital files created through digitization.
· Openness: The program ensures that digitized content will be made available to the public as easily and completely as possible, given ethical and legal constraints.
The application process has two phases. The initial proposal round is open, and proposals are due by 5 pm Eastern time on April 5, 2016. The final proposal round is by invitation. Only those applicants whose initial proposals have been approved by the program's review panel will be able to submit a final proposal. Information for applicants, including a link to the online application form, is available at http://www.clir.org/hiddencollections/applicants<https://t.e2ma.net/click/q4nnj/2p8ufs/q4jsgc>.
CLIR will hold webinars for prospective applicants on Tuesday, February 2; Wednesday, March 2; and Wednesday, March 16, from 2:00-3:00 pm Eastern time. More information is available here<https://t.e2ma.net/click/q4nnj/2p8ufs/6wksgc>.
The Council on Library and Information Resources<https://t.e2ma.net/click/q4nnj/2p8ufs/mplsgc> is an independent, nonprofit organization that forges strategies to enhance research, teaching, and learning environments in collaboration with libraries, cultural institutions, and communities of higher learning.
Council on Library and Information Resources
1707 L Street, Ste 650
Washington, DC 20036, USA
Share this email:
Manage<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/15691/9304/1097767000/?v=a> your preferences | Opt out<https://t.e2ma.net/optout/q4nnj/2p8ufs?r=aHR0cHM6Ly9hcHAuZTJtYS5uZXQvYXBwMi9hdWRpZW5jZS9vcHRfb3V0LzE1NjkxLzkzMDQvMTA5Nzc2NzAwMC8_dj1h> using TrueRemove™
Got this as a forward? Sign up<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/15691/9304.15741016/?v=a> to receive our future emails.
View this email online<https://t.e2ma.net/message/q4nnj/2p8ufs>.
This email was sent to arlene.weible at state.or.us.
To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book. <arlene.weible at state.or.us>
[powered by emma]<http://www.myemma.com/powered-by-emma?utm_source=PoweredBy&utm_medium=Regular&utm_campaign=PoweredBy-Regular-9304>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NWDigitalProjects