[NWDigitalProjects] OCLC Research Report: Advancing the National Digital Platform
heather.pitts at state.or.us
Thu Feb 23 17:30:35 PST 2017
FYI, OCLC Research has this report out about digitization and digital collections in the U.S.
Advancing the National Digital Platform: The State of Digitization in US Public and State Libraries by Kendra Morgan and Merrilee Proffitt
* Ninety-two percent of public libraries have locally significant, unique physical collections
* More than 37.6% of libraries have engaged in digitization activities in the last three years
* In addition to the common barriers of time and ongoing funding, 61.4% of libraries identified insufficient staff training/expertise as a major barrier to their digitization efforts
* All state library agencies reported that digitizing and providing online access to local and unique digitized material aligns with their mission either explicitly (12.8%), or broadly (87.2%)
* Public libraries identified training in imaging best practices (55.6%), copyright risk assessment (47.5%) and metadata best practices (47.0%) as the most potentially helpful to their efforts
Heather Pitts | Cataloging Services Librarian |
Government Information & Library Services | Oregon State Library |
(503)378-5016 | heather.pitts at state.or.us<mailto:heather.pitts at state.or.us>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NWDigitalProjects