[oblpct] Creative Arts Therapies Conference

Oregon Bd Licensed Profess Counselors & Therapists Information
Wed Oct 26 08:22:03 PDT 2011

The following information is provided as a courtesy of the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists.  It is not an endorsement.

Portland Creative Arts Therapies Association presents
New Dimensions in Creative Arts Therapies
Sunday, November 6
9:45 AM - 5 PM
Marylhurst University, Lake Oswego
Flavia Hall

Join CATA's 4th Annual Conference for creative arts therapists, students, and those in allied professions.

Focus on:

	1. the neurobiological underpinnings of creative arts therapies,
	2. evidence-based practice,
	3. marketing our work as creative arts therapists
	4. networking with colleagues.

Our keynote speaker is Dr. Larry Sherman, musician and neurobiologist at OHSU, who will discuss the neurobiological links to the creative arts therapies processes in his talk on Music and the Brain.
Immerse yourself in an afternoon of experiential workshops featuring different creative arts modalities ─dance, drama, music, art & writing.

Cost:
    $50 General admission
    $25 Students (with valid ID)
    $25 CEUs (optional cost of credit units)
On-site registration only, so come early.

Conference Schedule

9:45 AM On-site registration

10:15 AM Group Opening

10:30 AM Keynote Address
    Dr. Larry Sherman
    Music and the Brain

Noon - 1 PM Lunch Break
    (Bring your own or go to a local eatery.)

1 - 2:30 PM Workshop Session A (Select 1)

*	Body, Brain & Bonding: The Body's Neuropsychological Role in Development, Relationship, & Healing

*	Vision to Reality: Marketing your Creative Arts Concept

*	What is Neurologic Music Therapy?

2:45 - 4:15 PM Workshop Session B (Select 1)

*	Interpersonal Neurobiology and Dramatic Action Methods: Let's Make Beautiful Music Together

*	SoulCollage(r) & the Autonomic Nervous System: Helping Clients Move through Fight, Flight & Freeze Patterns after Trauma
*	Facebook & Twitter & You ... Oh My! Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Social Media Success

4:30 - 5:00 PM Group Closing

For conference details visit www.catapdx.org <http://www.catapdx.org>

Becky Eklund, Executive Director
Oregon Board of Licensed Professional