[oblpct] Mindfulness and Somatics: The Hakomi Method of Experiential Psychology

Oregon Board Licensed Professional Counselors & Therapists Information
Tue Sep 9 08:47:19 PDT 2014

 The following information is provided as a courtesy of the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists.  This is not an endorsement.
________________________________

Professional Skills Training Module 1:
Mindfulness and Somatics: The Hakomi Method of Experiential Psychology

Fridays: 1pm-5pm

Saturdays: 9am-5pm

Sundays: 9am-1pm

September 12-14, 2014

October 3-5, 2014

November 7-9, 2014

December 12-14, 2014

January 16-18, 2015

February 13-15, 2015

M.E.T.A. Training Center
215 SE 9th Avenue, Suite #203
503-450-9911<tel:503-450-9911>

The M.E.T.A. / Professional Skills Module 1 is an accelerated training designed for mental health professionals. This Module presents the skills and principles of Hakomi Experiential Psychology, and the unique intervention and treatment strategies which follow from them.  Participants will be trained in the precise moment-to-moment elegance of working with mindfulness in psychodynamic psychotherapy. In addition, because Hakomi is dedicated to the aliveness of both client and therapist, great emphasis is placed both on the attachment-based nature of the therapeutic relationship, and on the ground of being from which the therapist works.

Tuition: $2400

For more information and to register:

http://meta-trainings.com/hakomi-somatic-a-experiential-psychology

M.E.T.A. Personal Growth Training

Fridays: 1pm-5pm

Saturdays: 9am-5pm

Sundays: 9am-1pm

September 26-28, 2014

October 24-26, 2014

November 21-23, 2014

January 16-18, 2015

February 6-8, 2015

March 6-8, 2015

M.E.T.A. Training Center
215 SE 9th Avenue, Suite #203
503-450-9911<tel:503-450-9911>

Imagine your ideal self, the peaceful you, the powerful you, the you without shame or doubt or conflict. Imagine yourself in love, in love with yourself and the world, secure, connected and whole, at ease with yourself and others, steady and free...
Whatever gap exists between this ideal you and the you who carries yourself through your days, this training offers the opportunity to examine how you have created yourself, and to embrace a fuller, more authentic Self, whether alone or in connection to others.
We will use lectures & discussion to outline a sophisticated map of the Self. We will also engage in uniquely designed experiential exercises to explore the inner territories of the beliefs and habits that govern your relationships to yourself and others. And, through safe and carefully led group encounters, we will help you study and challenge yourself in relationship - in the moment - to bring yourself as far forward into the ideal as you are able.

For more information and to register:

http://register.asapconnected.com/eventdetail.aspx?org=3110&pk=319273

Tuition: $2100

Professional Skills Training Module 6

Working with Couples:  1 + 1 = 3

Fridays: 1pm-5pm

Saturdays: 9am-5pm

Sundays: 9am-1pm

October 31-November 2, 2014
with Jon Eisman, Founder of M.E.T.A., Sr. Hakomi Trainer, Creator, R-CS

November 21-23, 2014
with special guest trainer Rob Fisher, MA, MFT, Co-Director, Hakomi of CA, Hakomi Trainer and Author of Experiential Psychotherapy With Couples

January 9-11, 2015
With Donna Roy, CHT, LPC, Co-Director of M.E.T.A., Hakomi Trainer
Co-Creator, M.E.T.A. Attachment Module
And Jessica Montgomery, MSW, CHT, Hakomi Teacher
Co-Creator, M.E.T.A. Attachment Module

M.E.T.A. Training Center
215 SE 9th Avenue, Suite #203
503-450-9911<tel:503-450-9911>

Our new Professional Skills Module offers a unique immersion in the nuances of working with Couples, appropriate for practicing and developing counselors, therapists, social workers, psychologists and graduate students in the counseling field.

 During each of three training weekends, we will present three distinct orientations to working with relationship: R-CS, Hakomi, and Attachment. Each weekend will describe a unique perspective for understanding the nature of relationships, and will provide immediately applicable skills for helping partners of any sort in finding both the meaningfulness and capacity for engaging lovingly and successfully. The specifics of the Training and each weekend are outlined below. Please join us - harmoniously - as we explore this fascinating and needed topic.
Tuition : $1200

For more information and to register: http://register.asapconnected.com/eventdetail.aspx?org=3110&pk=318785

Healing Shame
with Bret Lyon

Weekend Schedule:
Saturday 10am-6pm
Sunday 10am-5:30pm

October 10-12, 2014

M.E.T.A. Training Center
215 SE 9th Avenue, Suite #203
503-450-9911<tel:503-450-9911>

Shame is perhaps the most painful of all emotions. It is at the root of both “the inner critic” and perfectionism. It binds with other emotions, such as anger and fear, so that is often hard to detect. Also, revealing shame can be in itself shameful. For many clients who don’t get better
in therapy, shame — unacknowledged and not worked through — is the primary factor.
In this workshop, we will learn how to help our clients recognize shame, work through it and move on. We will become more sensitive to the shaming often implicit in the therapy situation and learn how to counter shame in therapy. We will be able to help clients separate feelings of shame from other emotions. And we’ll learn how to take clients back to early shaming situations and reverse the outcome — helping clients move their energy powerfully outward rather than turn it against themselves.

Tuition: $425; $395 Early Registration (if registered and paid in full by September 10, 2014)

Selin Strait, MA, RDMT
M.E.T.A. Academic Advisor / Public Relations
Mindful Experiential Therapy Approaches, LLC
15 SE 16th Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97214
selin at meta-trainings.com<mailto:selin at meta-trainings.com> • www.meta-trainings.com<http://www.meta-trainings.com/> • www.facebook.com/METAPortland<http://www.facebook.com/METAPortland>

Janelle Houston, MPP | Operations & Policy Analyst
3218 Pringle Rd. SE | Suite 130 | Salem, OR 97302
p) 503.373.7020 | f) 503.374.1904
Oregon Board of Psychologist Examiners | www.oregon.gov/OBPE<http://www.oregon.gov/OBPE>
Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists | www.oregon.gov/OBLPCT<http://www.oregon.gov/OBLPCT>