[ODFWMarineReserves] Upcoming Workshops: Apr 16th and 17th

Cristen Don cristen.n.don at state.or.us
Wed Apr 2 17:25:09 PDT 2014

Upcoming Workshops - April 16th and 17th

ODFW is hosting a series of workshops to assist with development of site
management plans for Cape Perpetua and Cascade Head. These next two
workshops in the series will focus on: What projects or research is
important to you?

ODFW is interested in learning what projects or research the community
is interested in beyond those activities planned by ODFW. We are
particularly interested in learning about potential projects that could
be led by the community. By highlighting the community's interests and
priorities in the site management plans we hope to attract additional
research and resources, and to foster community led projects. Community
led projects may be focused on any aspect of marine reserves
implementation including research, monitoring, economic development,
outreach, or education.

Save the date and tell a friend ...

Cascade Head - Wednesday April 16th from 6-8 pm. Lincoln City Community
Center at 2150 NE Oar Place, Lincoln City, OR 97367

Cape Perpetua - Thursday April 17th from 6-8 pm. Siuslaw Library at 1460
9th St., Florence, OR 97439

______________________________________

Summaries from Previous Workshops on the Web

Summaries from our previous workshops, on how ODFW can best be
communicating about our ecological and human dimensions monitoring, are
now posted on the web at www.OregonOcean.info/marinereserves/community.
The summaries capture the questions and ideas expressed by workshop
attendees during the brainstorm sessions. We have organized the comments
into categories. If this sparks additional ideas, or you know of others
who have feedback on these topics but were not able to attend the
workshops, please email comments to Stacy at
Stacy.n.galleher at state.or.us.

Cristen Don | Marine Reserves Program Leader

Marine Resources Program | Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

2040 SE Marine Science Dr. Newport, OR 97365
O: 541.867.7701 ext. 228 | C: 541.272.4268 | cristen.n.don at state.or.us
<mailto:cristen.n.don at state.or.us>

www.oregonocean.info/marinereserves
<http://www.oregonocean.info/marinereserves>