[ODFWMarineReserves] Upcoming workshops: How can ODFW best share economic and social monitoring results?

Stacy N Galleher stacy.n.galleher at state.or.us
Wed Feb 26 17:33:16 PST 2014

Join us for workshops to get your feedback:

Cascade Head Marine Reserve
Wednesday March 12th from 6-8 pm. Newport Recreation Center at 225 SE
Avery St., Newport, OR 97365

Cape Perpetua Marine Reserve
Thursday March 13th from 6-8 pm. Yachats Commons U.S. Hwy 101 at 5th
St., Yachats, OR 97498

The ODFW marine reserves program needs your help, as well as input from
other community members to develop sections of the Cascade Head and Cape
Perpetua site management plans. One of the ways we'll be gathering input
is through a series of workshops, this is the second of our workshops
that will continue through the spring of 2014.

The site management plans will outline the best ways for ODFW to:

*         Share our scientific monitoring results and activities

*         Provide general information about Oregon's marine reserves

*         Improve compliance through rules education

*         Provide opportunities for people to get involved

Also, the site management plans will outline the community's interests
and priorities for activities above and beyond those of ODFW.

We need community input in each of these areas to make the plans
successful. Each of our workshops will focus on one of these sections of
the management plan. If you are unable to attend the workshops, there
will be other opportunities for input including conversations between
stakeholders and ODFW staff and a public review and comment period
before the plans are completed.

Our second workshop will specifically focus on how to communicate ODFW's
human dimension (social and economic) monitoring activities and results.
We will be looking to answer the question:  What are the best ways to
share information with the community? All workshops are open to
everyone, so please spread the word and join us if you can.

The workshops will be on the same topic but for each reserve separately.
As additional workshops are scheduled we will notify folks via the
marine reserves email listserv as well as by posting announcements on
the Oregon Marine Reserves website: www.oregonocean.info\marinereserves
<http://www.oregonocean.info/marinereserves> .

If you have any questions please feel free to contact Stacy Galleher or
Cristen Don with the ODFW Marine Reserves Program at:

Stacy Galleher

Outreach & Community Engagement Coordinator

Stacy.n.galleher at state.or.us

541-867-7701 x224

Cristen Don

Program Leader