[ODFWMarineReserves] Volunteer anglers needed: ODFW hook-n-line surveys

Cristen Don cristen.n.don at state.or.us
Tue Mar 11 11:18:01 PDT 2014

Do you like to go fishing?

Would you like to participate in an 8 hour outing on the ocean where you
will be catching and releasing bottomfish?

If your answer is yes, then please become a volunteer angler for the
Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife Marine Reserves Program's 2014
Hook-and-Line surveys and fish for science.

Hook and line survey trips are completely free of charge to you. ODFW
will provide the rods, reels, and terminal gear. While on the survey
with us a fishing license is not necessary.

This year we will be departing out of Port Orford, Newport, Depoe Bay,
and Garibaldi during the spring and fall months.  To join our volunteer
list, we need your name, phone number, e-mail, which port(s) you would
be willing to depart from, and the best way to contact you (email or
phone).  As fishing dates near, we will contact all volunteers on the
list on a first come, first serve manner to fill a given day's fishing
trip.

Sign up now to be on the volunteer list by e-mailing
odfw.marinereserves at state.or.us or calling Katie Pierson at 541-867-7701
ext. 241.

Cheers,

Katie Pierson

Marine Reserves Research and Monitoring Project

Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife

2040 SE Marine Science Dr., Newport, OR 97635

O: 541-867-7701 ext. 241

www.oregonocean.info/marinereserves
<http://www.oregonocean.info/marinereserves>