[OLA-IF-News] volunteer viewers needed!

Roberta Richards rrichard at pcc.edu
Fri Mar 16 08:41:54 PDT 2018

 Greetings to all,

Some of you are on this list because you checked a box saying that you
might be interested in some volunteer projects with the OLA Intellectual
Freedom Committee.  If you still have time and interest, we have a project
for you!

At the upcoming OLA conference, we are sponsoring a session, What IF....?
Intellectual Training Resources for Library Staff.
<https://orlib18.sched.com/event/DYfx/what-if-intellectual-freedom-training-resources-for-library-staff>
As part of the session, we are collecting training resources that might be
useful for libraries to use in their own staff trainings.  We have started
to plug these into the beginning of a guide:   Intellectual Freedom
Training Resources guide
<https://guides.pcc.edu/OLA-IntellectualFreedomTraining>.

It turns out that there are quite a few general trainings already available
online, including webinars from ALA, WebJunction, etc.  What we could use
help with is identifying which of these trainings are good, current, and
worth recommending.  We would appreciate having some help reviewing some of
these trainings and providing a short annotation about the content and your
feedback about how useful it is.

So, if you have time and interest, would you be willing to .

   - Watch/skim a webinar or two?  If it's dated or too boring, let us know
   and we won't include it.
   - If it looks useful, write a few sentences of annotations that would
   help guide users decide if it might meet their staff training needs.

We would like to complete this project in the next two to three weeks.

Thanks in advance, for your continued interest in intellectual freedom, and
for any help you can give us with this project!

Best wishes,
Roberta Richards
member, OLA Intellectual Freedom Committee

--
Roberta Richards
(pronouns:  she/her/hers)
rrichard at pcc.edu
Southeast Library Research Desk: 971-722-6289 <(971)%20722-6289>