[OPEUreppms] FW: Update #1 - 2009-2011 State/SEIU Successor Negotiations

HARRUP Lois M * DAS HRSD Lois.M.Harrup at state.or.us
Thu Nov 20 10:47:19 PST 2008

TO:  Human Resource Managers (SEIU Represented Agencies)

RE:  2009-2011 SEIU/State of Oregon Successor Negotiations

It is that time of year again to begin negotiations over the terms and
conditions of the 2009-2011 successor collective bargaining agreements.
The State's management team members are on the attachment to this
message.

We will begin negotiations with SEIU Central Table on December 8, 2008
and additional dates for future negotiations sessions will be scheduled
over the course of 6 or more months.  SEIU Coalition tables will be
scheduled once the SEIU Central Table agrees to ground rules.

The review process involves several layers of analysis that results in
some decisions being made by DAS, Governor's staff or management team
representatives.  On November 14 we began, and will continue to up to
the final day to submit initial proposals, review agency bargaining
concepts, including classification/compensation, received from agencies
that affect various bargaining units' represented employees.  It is
important to say that not all concepts will result in proposals or that
the proposals developed from the concepts will be agreed to for the
successor collective bargaining agreements.  If a bargaining concept
isn't moving forward in the State's initial proposals, we will do our
best to notify the affected agency in advance of the deadline date for
submitting any initial proposal.  For those that do move forward, we
will try our best to negotiate necessary changes in the language based
on issues that you identified as concerns that affect your agency's
operating needs.  These operating needs proposals are generally at the
coalition level while most compensation or statewide related issues are
negotiated at SEIU Central Table.

You will soon receive the traditional letter that we ask your agency
administrator or designee to send to the management staff.  This
communication is essential to maintaining good labor relations by
advising management not to engage in conversations with represented
employees about management or union bargaining positions or proposals
before and during the bargaining process.

If you have any concerns or questions, please contact me or Art McCurdy
or Central Table agency representative identified for the Coalition for
your agency.  You may also contact the Labor Relations Manager that is
temporarily identified (subject to change once the LRU vacancy is
filled) as spokesperson for the Coalition Table.

Thank you for your support during the negotiation and contract
administration processes.

Cordially,

Eva M Corbin

Deputy Administrator, Labor Relations unit

DAS - Human Resource Services Division

Office Number (503) 378-8321

Facsimile Number (503) 373-7530

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or
otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not
the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have
received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply
e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the
message and any attachments from your system.