[or-roots] Additions to the Oregon State Archives searchable index

SAWYER Layne G Layne.G.Sawyer at state.or.us
Tue Apr 9 14:50:35 PDT 2002

Dear Rooters,

We have added 710 new entries to the searchable index at our website.
these entries represent divorce cases for Jackson County covering the years 1856-1914.  You can search the index at the URL

http://159.121.172.88/genealogy/search.lasso

Also we received our security copy of the 1930 federal census for Oregon in today's mail.  We are in the process of getting working copies made and should have the film available in our reference room by the end of next week.  Because there are no indexes for this microfilm our staff can not take on research requests in the film without an exact enumeration district citation and charging our research labor charge of $10 per 30 minutes of research.

 We of  course welcome your in-person research visit to use this very popular and highly anticipated resource.  Please feel free to contact the Reference unit and confirm the working film's availability if you will be traveling a distance.

Happy hunting!

Layne Sawyer
"List Mom"
Oregon State Archives