[or-roots] Parrott Family

Marsha pmml at navicom.com
Tue Apr 9 18:37:59 PDT 2002

Gary though I would attach my notes so you
might make a connection

Parrot, Rev Joseph E. Died Sept 3, at Lafayette born Mo. Dec 21, 1821 to
Oregon in 1848 married Sept 17, 1851 to Susan Garrison D. Aug 21, 1869
married
2 May 31, 1870 Mrs. L.A. Worden Pacific Cristian Advocate 1864-1890
------------------------------------------------------ dear sharon, i'ce lso
cc'd someone who had sent me info(pmml at navicom.com) way back on rev joseph
and
some of his marriages, but no info on children/jeptha - so i had no
proovable
but link saved it just in case)

well some of this may come to you as a bit of a
shocker - i sat down last night and went through some stuff i have held in
my
"close but can't prove the link" file - tidbits i'd found during my searches
that i would save -  info that seemed like it should link up w/ jeptha ( i.e
right years and locations etc.) but could never get to fit.  years ago (in
the
late 1960's and early 70's) i became interested in the family history and
started asking questions/digging. i was told at that time that it would be
difficult because "grandpa parrott was a circuit riding preacher and had a
family in each town" (this was my grandfather, enoch carroll parrott sr's
grandfather and jeptha's father ...)one of the documents that i have from
that
era has to do with e.c. parrott sr attempting to get a licence and a
passport,
but there was no official record of his birth - so he submitted, among other
things, an affidavit signed in 1947 by ashnah j (last name illegible) who
was
present at his (e.c parrott sr.) birth, and he was her nephew - i did
everything i
could to decipher the last name for a clue in my
searches - came up with beddes, geddes and now
understand thanks to you, sharon, that it was VEDDER !! in 1947, she was
living in washougal washington.

so, firstly i show joseph e parrott sr. and joseph e parrott jr traveling to
oregon in a wagon train in 1844 - ( for full roster of the 1844 wagon
trains,
including both joseph e parrotts, check out the
following website www.teleport.com/~sflora/1844.htm)

they both show up in the 1850 clackamas county
washington, oregon territory in the WA 1850
Territorial Census joseph sr id # wa007114, joseph jun. is waoo7116

understanding there was multiple marriages on the part of joseph e parrott
jr
(aka "grandpa parrott to my grandfather e.c. parrott sr) some of this
information that seemed to contradict/overlap now becomes clearer.
 joseph e parrott jr, aka reverend joseph parrott i show did marry:

in 1851 susan garrison (i had no info on their
children) in salem, marion county

in 1861 - there is record of joseph e parrott jr
marrying eleanor e. fish in clackamas county oregon -(Book 1 Page 132) -
they
were divorced in 1862 ( case 02744) clackamas county oregon - this marriage
overlaps his marriage to susan garison - there was a child i believe edward
or walter edward parrott who died in alaska 28 august 1928 in Wrangler
alaska
- no children

in 1870 - on 31 may i show rev joseph e parrott
marrying a L.A. Worden (perhaps this was lydia ann goodrich worden ??) - who
was shown as Pacific
Christian Advocate 1864-1890

now from jeptha onward - jeptha married zetta mae rowe 03 may 1891 in latah,
latah county idaho  zetta was born 20 december 1875 in missouri, died 28
february 1930 and is buried in lincoln memorial park cemetery grave 14 lot
156
section fairview, portland oregon) daughter of william clifford rowe (born
13
april 1851 MO, died 12 april 1915 vancouver washington) and elnora josephine
ormsby (born 7 august 1857 Indianna, died 11 november 1904) - william and
elnora were
married 7 february 1875 and  traveled from missouri to oregon territory and
back to missouri, then back again to avon, latah county idaho during their
marriage and had 13 children - i have traced the rowes' side back to 1776.

children of jeptha and zetta were:

1.   clifford parrott married margaret (?) lived in rogue river area of
oregon
- had twins jim and bob parrott and a daughter also named margaret aka peggy
parrott - no dates on these yet i'm afraid

2.   enoch carroll parrott sr
     born 8 dec 1896 in pullman, whitman county,
washington

enoch carroll parrott sr married viva vivian courter (born 26 july 1898,linn
county oregon - died 29 august 1971 portland or)- daughter of eva stringer
courter and george courter

e.c. and viva
married on 20 october 1917 - had only one child, my father enoch carroll
parrott jr.
(born 6 november 1926 portland oregon died 17 august 1979 portland oregon)
he
married willa jean bradford(born 23 september 1926 town creek alabama -
still
living)

i'm the firstborn 23 july 1957 carole jean parrott my brother 18 may 1961
craig bradford parrott

whew ! puzzle pieces falling into place at last - i 'm cetain there are
errors
and things to be corrected - but will now focus on getting
documentation/copies of marriages/divorce etc. to clairfy the known facts -
also have at least one photo of jeptha - and lots of other bits and pieces
from e.c. parrott sr. on down - photos, documents, deeds etc.  i seem to be
the only person in the family interested in being the keeper - can send
photocopies if you're interested (don't have a scanner) - and this may help
identify some of the odd bits i've kept but couldn't connect - your info
will
keep me busy for weeks confiriming and compiling data now that i have the
missing link - i'll keep you posted w/ any new or corrected data i find.

this is so exciting - wheeee ! not to mention a bit of ye old family scandal
actually proved!  also bears telling that both my grandfather e.c. parrott
sr
and my father e.c. jr were atheists/disavowed all interest in any form of
religion or church - maybe it's because they felt it hypocritical ??

carole parrott joppe

--- Sharon Kislenger <kislen at mr.net> wrote:
> I have a lot on the family and will share what I > have, I will be gone  >
most of today, so let me know what you want and I > will send it tomorrow >
this is great
> Sharon

____________________
ubject:
        Parrott
  Date:
        Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:45:51 +0000
  From:
        Sharon Kislenger <kislen at mr.net>
    To:
        pmml at navicom.com

this is just some of what I have, I have almost all of the Garrrison
family,
they went to Oregon in 1843, Susan father was Enoch Garrison and  her mother
was Margaret Herren, and have a lot on both families, I have  just been
working on the Herren family, so most of it is fresh in my mined I also know
about the one who went ot Alaska, will have to dig that out

This is what I had on Joseph Elgen Parrott (and I had forgotten that one  of
Lewis Parrott's sons was named Elgin or Elgen - another sign): He  signed
Lewis Parrott's DLC.

Oregon Provisional Land Claims, Book 6, abstracted by Mrs. Wayne E. Gurley:
Joseph E. Parrott, Polk County, 640 acres. In Rickreall Valley; Joshua  Shaw
on West; Willamette River on South; Jessie Herrett on East.,  Intends
occupancy, 27 Oct 1847. Vol. 6 page 95

Oregon Donation Land Claim #1101:
Joseph E. Parrott, Marion County, Born 1820 Cole Co., MO, Arrived in  Oregon
September 1847, Settled claim Sept. 30, 1851, Married Susan Sept  11, 1851
in
Marion Co., Affadavit signed by Enoch Garrison (MA) and  Abijah Carey.

Supplement to DLC's:
1101 Parrott, Joseph E., Marion County. Married 17/9/1851 in Marion Co.,
O.T.
 Susan Garrison  OHS V5(?)

Early Settler's Chart File, OR Genealogical Forum: 1822  Worden, Guilford
(Guifford) Oliver, Polk County, born NY, married  Lydia Ann Goodrich, b
4-9-1834, dau. of Carmi Goodrich. She d  11-27-1910, bur Dayton Cemetery,
Dayton, OR. She M. 2nd Rev. Joseph  Elgen Parrott & 3rd Reuben Pettyjohn.
Early Settlers #11  (Van Valin &  Paul book), #21 (Pacific Christian
Advocate-DAR collection)

 >From an Oregon Historical Society Quarterly (and I didn't write down  the
date!)
"There was a J. E. Parrott in 1848 admitted to work with James H. Wilbur
(Father Wilbur) as a probationer in Methodist Church on the Mary's River
Circuit." (This is close to Corvallis, Oregon.)

1880 Oregon, Yamhill County, Lafayette precinct   Family 26 PETTYJOHN-Ruben,
28 Farmer, Oregon, Missouri, Missouir
   Lydia, 45, wife, keeps house, Indiana, Maine, Maine WORDEN-Hattie, 20,
step-dau, teacher, Oregon, New York, Indiana
   Gilford, 17, step-son, labor, Oregon, New York, Indiana
   Gordon, 15, step-son, labor, Oregon, New York, Indiana PARROT-Ella, 16,
step-dau, Home, Oregon, New York, Indiana

Descendants of Guilford Worden
Generation No. 1
   1.  Guilford1 Worden was born 25 February 1825, and died 19 March  1865
in
Yamhill county, Oregon.  He married Lydia Ann Goodrich 26  October 1851 in
Yamhill county, Oregon, daughter of Carmy Goodrich and  Peggy Steel.  She
was
born 09 April 1834, and died 27 November 1910 in  McMinnville, Yamhill
county,
Oregon.
More About Guilford Worden:
Burial: March 1865, Dayton Cemetery, Dayton, Yamhill county, Oregon

More About Lydia Ann Goodrich:
Burial: November 1910, Dayton Cemetery, Dayton, Yamhill county, Oregon
Census:
1880, Oregon, Yamhill County, Lafayette precinct   Family 26

Children of Guilford Worden and Lydia Goodrich are:
   2    i.    Hattie2 Worden, born Abt. 1860.

More About Hattie Worden:
Census: 1880, Oregon, Yamhill County, Lafayette precinct   Family 26

   3    ii.    Gilford Worden, born Abt. 1862.

More About Gilford Worden:
Census: 1880, Oregon, Yamhill County, Lafayette precinct   Family 26

   4    iii.    Gordon Worden, born Abt. 1865 in Oregon; died 1940 in
Oregon.
 He married Myrtie V; born 1876; died 1940 in Oregon.

More About Gordon Worden:
Burial: 1940, Dayton Cemetery, Dayton, Yamhill county, Oregon Census: 1880,
Oregon, Yamhill County, Lafayette precinct   Family 26