[or-roots] Archibald Smith/Hannah Ashcraft

M. Gillette mgillette8 at cox.net
Sun Apr 28 09:25:25 PDT 2002

Is there anyone out there that are descendants of Archibald and Hannah?
There is all kinds of information on the Ashcraft line - but Archibald seems
to be a bit of a problem.  I know Archibald and Hannah had a son Samuel
Smith born Sep. 5, 1827 in Ohio, he married Mary Ann Van Duyn, and died
Sept. 9, 1899 in Oregon.  They had a son George Washington Smith (born in
Oregon), who married Mary Floria Spores (born in Oregon)- and they had a
daughter, Dorris Smith.  Does anyone have further information on Archibald?
I know where he was born, where he married and where he died.  It just seems
no one knows where he came from!