[or-roots] (no subject)

Marsha pmml at navicom.com
Mon Feb 11 17:13:37 PST 2002

Perhaps I can be of some assistance..............
Jacob Leabo maried Elizabeth Baily they married 2 Feb 1820

Children were Mary Hellen Leabo -married Joseph Banett
                     Ellen Candace Leabo-married Hirum Darr
                     Alice Leabo
                     Marlin Bailey Leabo
                     Augustus C. Leabo -married Pauline B. Horsman
                     Effie Leabo married Durham
my notes for Jacob are as follows..............
Believe that Jacob is found with a Oradon Leabo in the 1880 cencus for

information see Rin # 93 under the 1880 cencus for his children and decendents

Information given from Henerreta Moss

In 1847 , Jacob Leabo, fifth child of Francois Isaas and Sarah Leabo, came

to the Oregon country.

Captain of the train was Isreal Matchell. In the train were the Thatchers,

Knigtens, Milland many others.

The train started from the vicinity of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and arrived in

Portland, Oregon in November. Shortly after that, Jacob settled on a piece of

land in Clackamas county, east of Canby, but returned to Cedar Rapids, early

in 1848 with Joe Meek, Geo. W. Evbberts, Jack "the sailor" and others.

Jacob returned to the west in 1849 with his son Marion who died December 2,

1852, in company with those whom they had made the trip east in 1848.

Jacob was born September 10, 1795, in Knox County , Tennessee.

He married Elixabeth Bailey who was born in Kentucky in 1803. She died in

Linn county near Cedar Rapids, Iowa on August 25, 1852. Is buried in the

Cambell cemetery.

Jacob Leabo. returned to Iowa in 1853, to find his wife, Elizabeth Baily

Leabo, had passed away the year before. He moved to Freemont county near

Sidney,Iowa and lived there until 1862, when he, again, came west with quite a

compay of relatives. He lived in Forest Grove, Oregon for some years, in the

home of O.J. Mage Leabo, finally going to Lafayette, Oregon with the Maje

Leabo family were he died June 10, 1880. He is buried in a cemetery near

Lafayette, Oregon.

1850 Census - Ray County, Missouri - File 10 0f 13

DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE

BUREAU OF THE CENSUS

WASHINGTON

Schedule 1.---Free Inhabitants in District No. 75 , in the County of

Ray

, State of Missouri . enumerated by me, on the 25th day of October

, 1850.

Geo I. Wasson Ass't Marshall

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

9 10 11 12 13

1005 1005 Leabo Daniel 28 M Farmer 400

Ky

Leabo Mary 26 F

Ohio X

Leabo Lavina 6 F

Mo

Leabo William W. 4 M

Mo

Leabo John 3 M

Mo

Leabo Samuel 6/12 M

Mo

1006 1006 Rainwater John 52 M Farmer 500

N.C. X

Rainwater Barbera 41 F

Ten

Rainwater Angelina 14 F

Ten

Rainwater Carity E.C. 4 F

Mo

1007 1007 Leabo Jacob 34 M Farmer 600

Ten

Leabo Elizabeth 37 F

Ten X

Leabo Nancy 13 F

Mo X

Leabo Barbera 11 F

Mo X

Leabo Susan 9 F

Mo X

Leabo Isaac 7 M

Mo X

Leabo Catharine 5 F

Mo

Leabo Mary 3 F

Mo

Leabo Angeline 5/12 F

Mo

1008 1008 Leabo Samuel 37 M Farmer 600

Ky

Leabo Mary 17 F

Ind X

Leabo Jacob 15 M Farmer

Mo

Leabo Adam J. 13 M

Mo

Leabo Paulina J. 10 F

Mo

Leabo Sarah F. 7 F

Mo

Leabo Mary 3 F

Mo

Jacob Leabo Tennessee Knox County

Indiana Iow

Iowa

TETIK, Oralyn LEABO 59 Burley ID

Boise ID 1997-6-24

TEWS,

------------------------------------------------------- Looks like it is about

at the intersection of NW West Union Rd. and NW Dick Rd, on the northern

boundary of the Hillsboro city limits.

HEADS OF HOUSEHOLD - MONROE COUNTY,

INDIANA 1830

Copies of COMPLETE INDEXED

Monroe County 1820 through 1850 censii

in a single book ($45) available directly from:

Don Matson

701 W Allen Street

Ellettsville, IN 47429

599 LEABO Jacob P.154

------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Marsha:

I find no listing the West Union Baptist map, records for a Jacob

Leabo.

However, as Warren pointed out, there are several "unkowns"; no burials, etc.

AND, food for thought: there is lot 16, assigned to Trebus......there are no

burials by that name; or other people in the neighborhood by that name....

The 2 burials that are there are:

Benjamin E. Rees 1878-1970 and Dollie Rees, 1880-1966.

Who are these Reeses??? Are the related?? Is trebus at mistranslation of

Leabo?

An interesting side light: in the 1870 census - Jacob is living out at

Wapeto, in the Home for O.J. Leabo, age 36, peddler, wife Amanda, age 35, and

a large family of children, including

Alonzo Rees Leabo, who later lived in Forest Grove. The only burial that I

find for this whole family is Roy Hinman Leabo, buried at Mtn View Memorial

Gardens, FG, died the 12 Feb 1891, son of A.R. and Ida Hinman Leabo.

Marriage book 3, page 26 - Married Reas Leabo and Ida Hinman, at the house of

A(lanson) Hinman in Forest Grove 6 Dec 1881.

This is the only Leabo marriage up through the Book 3 index, (Mar 1896.)

Wapeto is at good 18-20 miles from the West Union Baptist Cemetery.

There are no Leabos in Hill Cemetery, Gaston; nor Forest View at Forest Grove.

Nor is the burial records of Forest Grove Undertaking Co, that I have.

Let me know your thoughts. Judy Goldmann, Hillsboro, OR

judy_goldmann at pmug.org

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Leabo

Jacob

Territorial Government

Documents, including records of the Provisional

Government 1843-1859. Arranged alphavetically

Signer of petiotion for dividsion of Polk County, Nov. 27, 1847 Doc no. 10

LEABO

Posted by Kim Magers <DANDKMAGERS at ONLINEMAC.COM> on Tue, 09 Nov 1999,

Surname: LEABO, HALLIN, KELLEY, DANIEL

Hello relative!

I am carrying on my mother's passion for geneology and ran across your message.

I am directly

related to LEABO on my father's side (KELLEY). I live in Oregon and spend a

lot of spare time

tromping through the old cemetaries. I visited JACOB LEABO's grave last

Saturday in

LAFAYETTE. Quite a few family members are buried in the plot as well.

I have a few family portraits. Please write me and we can share information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Here

in a nut shell is a direct drop descendent for Jacob and myself. Jacob is my

3rd- great grandfather on my father's side.

Please write back soon and let me know how you are placed in the family order.

I have information to share and have lots of questions I am sure you can

answer. I will be researching a few items at the library tomorrow here in

McMinnville, Oregon and will be in Salem later this week. Much of the family

is buried at LEE MISSION in Salem.

Awaiting your reply with interest.

Kim

FRANCIS ISSAC LEABO

(1754-1840)

Sarah Jennings

(1756-ABT1840)

*

*

*

JACOB LEABO

(Sept. 10, 1795-June 19, 1880)

Elizabeth Bailey

(1803-1852)

*

*

*

AUGUSTUS CESAER LEABO

(Dec. 31, 1842 -)

Pauline Banks Horseman

*

*

*

AUGUSTA GRACE LEABO

Sept. 24, 1870 - April 3, 1944)

Harry Hallin

*

*

*

LENA IRENE HALLIN

(March 24, 1898 - April 7, 1974)

Nolan Francis Kelley

*

*

*

HARRY WILLIAM KELLEY

(March 2, 1920 - September 27, 1970)

Hattie Georgine Reed

(December 7, 1921 - March 14, 1996)

*

*

*

KIMBERLEY SUE KELLEY - MAGERS

---------------------------------------------------- The family plot has one

large headstone marking five graves. Each grave then has a small first name or

initial marker, one is missing. The headstone reads as follows:

LEABO

Jacob Sept. 18, 1795 - June 10, 1880

Oradon J. Aug. 25, 1833 - Mar. 15, 1906

Amanda M. Sept. 21, 1834 - June 23, 1896

Kate - Wife of E. Webber Feb. 8, 1870 - Jan. 22, 1898 Perry B. May 25, 1875 -

Jan. 22, 1890

Directions to cemetery:

>From Salem Hwy 22

Hwy 22 to Junction at Independence & Hwy 99

Turn right on Hwy 99 towards McMinnville.

Keep on Hwy 99 through McMinnville (called Baker St. in town) Out north end of

town toward Lafayette.

At very south end of Lafayette is a dip in the Hwy.

At the bottom of the dip is MINERAL SPRINGS RD. on LEFT.

Turn left onto MINERAL SPRINGS RD.

(If you enter Lafayette city limits you have gone too far) Follow MINERAL

SPRINGS RD. out into country, approx. 1-1 1/2 mile.

Sign is on right side (Lafayette #3 Masonic Cemetery).

Gate on entry (should be unlocked).

Can not see cemetery from road.

Looks like overgrown lane up hill.

Drive up to top, curves to left.

Stay on left side.

LEABO is on left section.

Hope that is of some help.

Kim

Believe that Jacob is found with a Oradon Leabo in the 1880 cencus for

information see Rin # 93 under the 1880 cencus for his children and decendents

Information given from Henerreta Moss

In 1847 , Jacob Leabo, fifth child of Francois Isaad and Sarah Leabo, came

pmml at navicom.com