[or-roots] Obit Archives 1998 -- Sanford Rose

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 14 09:56:47 PDT 2002

Silly me.

I didn't stop in Eugene the other day to look up an obit, as I thought
they would be in the Or-Roots archives.

I can find the current archives for the new list that go back to Feb
2002, but can someone tell me if the older archives are available? If
so, where?

I would be quite a shame to loose all the work that has gone into
preserving these Eugene area obits online. If the old archives are
available, shouldn't there be a message on the "list info" page
directing us to their location?

Seeking an obituary for Sanford Rose, b 8 Feb 1909 Ashland, Jackson, OR,
d 25 Aug prob 1998 in maybe Springfield? There is a bit of a family
mystery about Sanford's latter years that I am trying to clear up. Among
other things, his headstone (between those of this parents) in Mt View
Cemetery, Ashland, OR, is engraved 1998, but the sexton's records show a
death date of 1988. So I do not know if there even is a Eugene obit or
what the date is, so wanted to look for it myself. After partnering with
his brother-in-law, Charlie Mack, in the floral business in Klamath
Falls, Sanford reportedly was a Springfield area grocer for a number of
years before he returned/retired? to Ashland.

Also, if anyone should know anything about his sons, that information
would also be greatly appreciated. Sanford Timothy Rose, b 1947 Klamath
Falls, OR, d 19 Aug 1966 Emporia, KS under unusual circumstances while
returning to Eugene, and his brother, Thomas Rose, whereabouts unknown.
I have a copy of the Oregonian article on Sanford Timothy Rose's death.

Sanford was one of my mother's first cousins.

Thank you,

Bill Strickland
Oregon City, OR