[or-roots] Wheelers in Oregon

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Sun Jun 16 23:09:00 PDT 2002

I recently posted the following to the Wheeler list and below my post you
will find a lady from the list who is asking for help. I intend to do some
research on her problem eventually but may be a while getting to it and am
hoping maybe someone on this list can save me the trouble.	:-}

for now you can reply in care of me, but she may authorize me to post her
address direct.

Les C.

We started the Reedsport, Oregon Masonic Cemetery enumeration today and I
have discovered we have 6 Wheelers buried there. All I have is names for now
but will have details by September.

Also much to my surprise there is a town called Wheeler, well maybe i should
say village, it is probably a wide spot in the road, but I am sure it has
someone named Wheeler involved in its naming. I hope to look into that in
detail eventually as am working in that neighborhood ocasionally.

here are the names of the folks in the cemetery;

Wheeler, 	Jesse
		Leslie
		KMaude
		Mildred
		Mrs. Clayton
		Robert

If anyone thinks they really need to have more info right away I can try to
dig that up, but otherwise I will post the details when I start putting the
enumeration data together.

Les C.
khanjehgil at presys.com

Hi Leslie,
  Saw your posting that came thru Wheelers listing, I have relatives that
have a summer home in Reedsport, Or.  his name is Vernon Lee & he is 84
years old.  We have ancestors named Wheeler & one of them in Bridgeport, Ct
married a Mary E. Crissy/Crissey(died 1910).
   Vernon is the grandson of Nancy Adelle (Crissy) Forthun & she was the
sister to my great grandfather Abraham T. Crissey.  They also had a brother
who lived out there in Oregon, we are not sure the town, but he owned land
in Dallas, Or.  His name was Guy F. Crissy/Crissey/Cressy(b. 11/17/1859) and
married to Augusta (Gussie) Lietz from Mn.
    If you happen upon them as well as any info connected to a Nathaniel
Wheeler (died abt 1899), his father Henry Wheeler of Ct,  I would be ever so
grateful!!    thanks for your generosity.
 sincerely, Patricia (Crissey) Young		ppyoung at chibardun.net