[or-roots] Re: Susanville

nsalstrand at comcast.net nsalstrand at comcast.net
Thu Jun 27 15:24:32 PDT 2002

David,
     My husband's grandfather and his family lived in Susan-
ville sometime between 1908 and 1920.  Since there weren't
too many there at that time would there possibly have been
a list of the population?   I know there would be a census,
but it's possible they did not live there when the census
was taken.  The father's name was Albert Salstrand.  We
are just now beginning to find out some things about him
and I would really like to know where he lived during those
years.  We know he was in Gresham in 1908 and in
Clackamas Co. in 1914, but are not sure about the years
in between or afterward.  If you have any ideas, I would
appreciate hearing from you.  We were in Portland three
weeks ago and then in Seattle, where we visited his grave.
Thanks,   Nancy Salstrand