[or-roots] this and that

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Mon Mar 25 00:04:25 PST 2002

this has probably been here before, but it seems like about once a week
somebody wants help in Klamath Co. and I jut went there and there's lots of
stuff, you go Oregon first then Klamath county.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/index.htm

While I have your attention, I have kin who died in Oregon City;
Sophia Zenobia Lyster b. 18 November 1866 Smith River, Douglas Co., Oregon
d. 03 January 1907 Oregon City, Oregon

Harry Richard Melvin born in Chehalis county, Wash ., January 25, 1892,
d. 16 January 1918 Williamsbridge, N.Y.
 this is mother and son, in the son's obit;
The young mans mother died in this city January 3, 1907 and the body of the
son will be laid to rest beside her in Mountain View cemetary.

the father; Nicholas Tack Melvin b. 09 December 1859 St. Wakell, Del Norte
Co. Ca
d.  25 March 1933 Oregon City, Oregon

I have two questions, one is there any chance of finding obituaries for the
parents (I have harry's obit) and two; does anyone know where Mountain View
Cemetary is, I asked this question here once before and it seems like
someone answered, but I have no record of what they said, and my admittedly
spotty memory tells me they sent me to a site that lists all the funeral
homes in the greater portland area. I have since wandered through any number
of Oregon cemetary listings looking for this and that for myself and others
but alway with Mountain View in the back of my mind and found nothing, I
even found, while looking for Ms. Salstrund's departed,  an extensive
listing of cemeteries with previous names and no luck.

Les Chapman  Khanjehgil at presys.com