[or-roots] Land Patent - Baker Co., OR

CARROLLOUC at aol.com CARROLLOUC at aol.com
Sat May 18 16:41:16 PDT 2002

Hi all -  I need some help! I have the following coordinates for my gr gr
Grandmother's land patent in Baker Co.

SE   Sec. 19   Township 12-S  Range 44-E.

I have a BLM map with the section marked but there is little on the map that
tells me where the quarter section lies. The map shows Baker City to the
north but nothing else except I-84 running through the section. As near as I
can figure out it would be between Durkee and Huntington. Can anyone tell me
how or where to find a map that would show just where or near what landmark
it would be?

The patent was deeded to the Heirs of Sophia L. Cooper and is dated
8-19-1895. Next step will be to try and find a will of Sophia's.

Thank you for any help on this.

Carroll Cooper Summers