[or-roots] What's in a name/address

cchouk cchouk at cox.net
Mon Oct 7 20:23:21 PDT 2002

Hi all:

What's in a name or address????  What happened to Marshfield, Oregon?  Who
did
I marry?  Who was my maternal great greandfather?

Names and addresses change:

Marshfield, Oregon, became Coosebay, Oregon, about 50 years ago!

When my wife found a copy of her birth certificate we found that her middle
and first names had been reversed!  Several months were spent changing that
to which she has lived with for the first 50+ years of her life!!

My maternal great grandfather married Martha Jane Ford using the name George
A. Rulaford; his real name was Edgar McMullen.  Or was it?

My snail mail address has changed several times over the past years though I
have lived in the same house (at the same location), since 1969!!  So has my
telephone number changed, but the house number/street has not as it did in
Portland, OR.

My e-mail address has changed several times since 1997; sometimes by choice.
I hope the last changes will be the last!!

Good hunting,
Cecil

Cecil Houk, ET1 USN Ret., AG6I
PO Box 530833
San Diego CA 92153
res San Diego CA 92154-3654
NEW EMAIL ADDRESS mailto:cchouk at cox.net
ANDERSON-BLAKELY-EGGERS-FORD-HOUK-KIMSEY-MONTGOMERY-RULAFORD-SIMPSON
Searchable GEDCOM: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~cchouk
See also: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~donhouk
My Web pages menu: http://members.cox.net/cchouk/