[or-roots] Eugene IOOF and some neat links

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Fri Apr 4 23:04:29 PST 2003

First of all as near as I have been able to determine there is no online map
of the locations of the graves, there is an onlline listing courtesy of
Oregon Genealogical Society in the area;

http://www.rootsweb.com/~orlncogs/ogsinfo.htm

the listing of the cemetery is three parts;

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/or/lane/cemeteries/eugeneioof.txt

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/or/lane/cemeteries/eugeneioof2.txt

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/or/lane/cemeteries/eugeneioof3.txt

The best link I have for online Oregon cemeteries is;

http://www.idreamof.com/cemetery/or.html

The really neat "new" link I just found is;

http://www.kindredtrails.com/oregon.html

this has a lot of links to things I have never seen before, it even includes
pages of stuff about folks who aren't white which is something of a rarity,
ocasionally I see a list with some Indian stuff but almost never any other
race but us lilly white types seem to be represented in most listings and I
never stumble across much of anything of that nature since I have yet to
link any of my lines to anyone who wasn't northern European.

My apologies to anyone who wanted the IOOF stuff sooner, I just sent the
files to Peggy and may have short changed her as I think I only sent her
two. I couldn't find my web page to find the links. There was also something
real important of a general nature I wanted to tell the list and at the
moment haven't the foggiest notion what it was.