[or-roots] Are you still there?

Eugene Barnes evbarnes at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 16 15:48:09 PST 2003

You might recall the winter of '49/50.  It started with
the wind that blew a car carrier off the Columbia
River highway, snowed at Thanksgiving and on the
following mid Jan was 8 above in Portland and 3 above in Seattle with another Alaska storm about to hit.

We hit snow to Redding, and Ice down to the
Cartinez straits just out of Martinez CA. that
January.