[or-roots] IOOF Cemetery in Molalla

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Wed Dec 17 02:15:58 PST 2003

Terry;

I haven't had any luck locating IOOF cemetery, but it maky be one of the six
I have found so far, most likely the Sanders cemetery;

http://www.trailsendparanormalsocietyoforegon.com/photo2.html

this is weird, this site is by a paranormal organization that has taken it
upon themselves to restore this cemetery. If they are going about it
correctly all I can say is more power to them. Unfortunately they don't give
directions.

next is; Russleville Cemetery

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/or/clackamas/cemeteries/russvill.txt
has the transcriptio of headstones and

directions;

Take I5 South from Portland to I205 North to Hwy 213.  Turn right onto Hwy
213
and follow it to the Hwy 211 junction. Go East on Hwy 211 to Molalla and
turn
right onto Molalla Ave.  Go South on Molalla Ave. to the edge of town and
turn
left onto Sawtell Rd.  Follow Sawtell approximately 3 miles.  The
Russleville
Cemetery will be on the left.

you can go to;

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?S=14&T=2&lat=45.1475&lon=-122.5758

to see the USGS map of Molalla, I played around with it some hoping to spot
a cemetery in town as I remember seeing one when I had lunch there a few
years back, but must have been seeing things. I would think a call to their
chamber of commerce would get you driving directions to thier cemetery
unless they have some vegetable running it like the folks at my home town
whent the two ladies from LA asked about covered bridges and the person at C
of C didn't know about any except the reproduction next to city hall which
was pretty lame as one of only two existing RR covered bridges is right in
town and there are eight within a few miles, so I don't have a real high
opinion of C of C as informants. They should know who knows though.

This definitely isn't it;

SAWTELL CEMETERY

Located 3 miles South of Molalla to right of Wilholt Road on Albert
Motz farm just north of barn in dense wood. Fenced.  Township 5 South,
Range 2E, Section 30.

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/or/clackamas/cemeteries/sawtell.txt

gives the transcription of tombstones, it and the following three appear to
be private cemeteries;

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=45.12055&lon=-122.58972&s=50&layer=DRG25
&size=l&u=2

will give you a topo map of Dart Cemetery

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=45.165&lon=-122.65472&s=50&layer=DRG25&s
ize=l&u=2

will give you a topo map of bear creek cemetery

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=45.12472&lon=-122.54527&s=50&layer=DRG25
&size=l&u=2

will give you a topo map of Adams cemetery