[or-roots] LDS online Census

LAPowell at aol.com LAPowell at aol.com
Sat Dec 27 09:37:54 PST 2003

    My Walker family was all OK in the 1880 census, but it was in WA Terr.,
Skamania Co.   It had my grandmother, all her siblings alive at that time.
    What I found really crazy was the Mark Parsons book "Across Rushing
Waters" about the Cape Horn area.  He had my gr grandfather settling there in 1844
with his family.  In 1844 my gr grandfather had just come west with his
parents.  He was only 12 years old and they had a DLC which is now in the city
limits of Salem and the State Fairgrounds on it.   He did live in Cape Horn, but
settled there in 1873.  Can't always trust the written word. .

Lois Powell