[or-roots] Underwood - across from Hood River/The Dalles

Magbatt at aol.com Magbatt at aol.com
Mon Dec 29 13:25:53 PST 2003

HI guys,

In my grandmother's diary, there are numerous references to visits with
friends and family at Underload.  Time frame would have been about 1900 to 1905.
There is not a lot there now, although my brother is just finishing a house
there now.  (Interesting, isn't it, how things seem to come full circle?)

I'm wondering if any you from the The Dalles/Hood River area have any
knowledge of the Underwood area - the history or knowledge of some of the old
families that were there.

Would appreciate any thing anybody cares to offer.  Thanks,  Midge
Grandmother's name - Winnie Lewis
Her parents - Minor Lewis and Eva Barnes